Sunday, October 28, 2007

Street Foods

- Patrick Regis Caidic

Street foods really is part of our culture everywhere you look there’s a stand of a street food vendor.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Isaw is one of Filipinos favorite street food, I don’t know why because I haven’t ate one yet, maybe it’s tasty? I guess? For me I don’t want to eat such kind of foods because I might be the “one-in-a-million” who will be infected by such kind of diseases like hepatitis and others.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Balot is a form of street food but it doesn’t affect us much as compared to some like isaw, dugo, kwek-kwek, adidas, and one-day-old because balot is clean and they say that I strengthens bones specially your knees.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In the past, street foods can be considered safe to eat but nowadays street foods cannot be trusted, because some street foods aren’t done right. For example, the Calamares, they say that I was persevered in formalin from China and then Filipino dealers buy the squids in a cheap price. We should be more careful nowadays in eating such kind of foods, because you might not know what you’re eating. Like what the news said, some luncheon meats “Maling” are made from human flesh of dead Chinese people. So we better be smart or else we could end up tomorrow dead.

No comments: